Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

With Something To Look Forward To...

I remember when I was working at Koropp Speakers out of high school the day would sometimes drag on and what would make it easier to endure was looking forward to what I would do that evening. Going to old Sac to skateboard n down the spiral ramp out through the tunnel. Running laps at Encina and working out on the bars. Our maybe going to Daredevil or Hazel to ride my MX bike. Or riding the 10-speed to Discovery Park and back before sunset. Our taking the BMX bike out wheelieing and jumping. Maybe just taking Keeska to the river or a drive to the lookout spot on Highway 50 in El Dorado Hills to watch the sun set on the valley. And then the times I was at Sierra it would be looking forward to going to party first with Kelly and later Jill or just going to the Club 400. Those were done crazy days. Actually, nights....as in all night long! And I'd usually stop the partying to get to work on time. Grab breakfast at Jack in the Box with an extra large ice tea that would last till lunch and then go to the old Kilgore cemetery with my lunch and eat there I the shade before I'd time up and go back to the warehouse. If course there were the real tough mornings when I'd make it to my desk but immediately hit the bathroom and crash on the floor for a couple of hours. The girls in the front office, Dena and Chris then the one I hired followed by Michelle, would take all my calls and come back there to find out what I wanted to do with them then they'd go call them back and take their order. That only happened a few times but I was sure lucky they did what they did. That was the paid that destroyed me and I had to regroup and re-establish myself in a new career, which was maintenance. A little tougher than sales but more consistent. And more rewarding to me. The sales were rewarding money wise but not when you had a bad sales month and made no commission...

The point of all of this is that there is nothing to look forward to all day except getting through the day only to be bored all night sitting in the van trying to not stand out and maybe watching some show on Hulu until I fall asleep and go to MacDonald's for breakfast. Then do it all  again. No accomplishments during the day. Not a single thing to get excited about. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just surviving another day in order to get to the next and repeat out all again. I can hear it now. Wah wah wah! Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It's all your own fault. Whether it is out not isn't the point. I used to get a lot of satisfaction doing the little projects I did and helping people out that needed it. Like working in the retirement homes. That was rewarding. But now I can never ever get a job in one again. Not with a felony. DoJ won't allow that via Live Scan. But that's the way it now is. What does it matter to her? Not a thing. The sad part is she shouldn't be allowed to work around children or the elderly or anything. Someday that will become obvious to all. Probably too late however.

No comments:

Post a Comment