Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

A Dream That Died...

The end if last year while I was working at the Center I had an idea that I was sure would make a profit. I wanted to start a breakfast bagel stand that had the potential to expand and the overhead would be relatively inexpensive. I wanted to make up some carts that could be rolled to a busy intersection where the bagels world be dispensed. I wanted to make the bagels myself, which world require a large oven and racks, but I had a few ideas in that, too. I wanted to make some special flavor bagels such as an apple flavor, garlic and parmesan, sun dried tomato and basil, etc. I would caramelize cheese on a grill, like Squeeze Burger, and scramble eggs with onion, bell peppers, celery and smoked salmon - locks - and put that on the cheese, food it over and put it in the bagel. Simple but a little different and more healthy than the egg muffin or breakfast jack available.

The thing I thought could make it work would be a smart phone app to order and pay for it all. That and a cup of camel coffee to wash it down and both the coffee and sandwich for $5. The phone app would use GPS to let me know when the customer was getting close and since it would all be paid for via Google Wallet or a similar service there would be no money exchange just hand the food to the customer as they pull up to the intersection. Quick, simple, hassle free and so convenient. I had it figured that in the time period of 6am to 9am I could sell from 100 to maybe 200 on a good day. Realistically, the product shouldn't cost more than$2.50-$3.00 for both in bulk. Probably a lot less once suppliers are shopped and found and production efficiency is dialed in.

It was a great idea but with all that had happened this year I'm stuck under it's weight and list my motivation and drive. They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That has nothing to do with anything here at all. But it's better than "Good morning, good morning, the best to you each morning, with a K - E - double L - Oh - double G, Kellogg best to you!" Or Wheaties, breakfast of champions. Whatever...

No comments:

Post a Comment