Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

That's a real turn around...

September 17, 2013

Oh What A Day...


I was working my ass off when some body told me there was a truck and trailer backed onto my property and people doing things. So I grabbed the dog, jumped on my bike and rushed around the corner and as I pulled up to my property what did I see? One of the guys from across the street was dumping the crappy crab grass they shaved off the front yard at 1345 Keeney Way on my property. I asked him what the hell he was doing and he snaps back, "You told me I could." I thought about using my machete to trim his toe nails and telling him "I thought you wanted a pedicure!" But instead I just dialed 911, the only number I could dial on my inactivated cell phone,  and said we'd see what the sheriff had to say.

It took a while for the sheriff to get there - he was waiting for Code Enforcement, who I would have also called had my phone been capable - and I explained the situation. I agreed that the "damage" was minimal but there was that good old principle thing that had to be served. And since this was the guy that called Code Enforcement on me the very first day he showed up to the property he paid way too much for there was no way I was going to just let it go.

They asked me what I wanted done and I said I wanted it picked up and removed. I offered an option of paying me a $100 dump fee. The sheriff told me he couldn't force them to do that and I replied that I knew that. But that was the choices I was willing to accept.

They chose the tax option and if the guy is a man of his word then tomorrow I'll have another Benjy to put toward my registration. If not then....well, if not, I'll let the powers that be put a little snap, crackle and pop in his Fruit of the Looms!

It isn't much, this twist of fate. But its a nice day when you get to drive the car instead of getting put in the back seat with hand cuffs on your wrists...

No comments:

Post a Comment