Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Not long ago on a planet near to here...

May 11, 2013

5/11...



My name is Gregory Neukam and I have lived in Sacramento 58 years, almost all of those years have been in Arden Manor and since 1963 at 1400 Keeney Way. I'm residing at that address presently though there is no house on the property. I'm in a motor home which I purchased a few weeks ago and for 8-months I was in a tent under a lemon tree at the back of the property. In October of  2010 I had a fire at the house that did extensive damage and after a 16-month battle with county code enforcement they came in and tore the house down and made me homeless. My biggest mistake was I didn't have insurance even though the house was paid off and was all mine. I know how bad that was, boy do I know!

All through the process with code enforcement I was treated like a pile of shit and made to feel like I was a criminal and not the victim of a fire. They did so many things to me and my property that I couldn't  escape from their assaults. I won't go into  all the details but one of the worst things was when they came in my house and tossed boxes of belongings I had salvaged in the living room floor and one of those things was my mother's ashes... That act alone makes me want to do serious damage to their faces.

There is also the fact that after this hazardous clean-up a large number of items from the “contaminated” house were buried in the back yard along with portions of the patio. And having been a witness to the bidding process I know that the requirements were that everything was to be removed from the property including all cement. If their claim of hazardous materials is correct then there are hazardous materials on the property. California law states that there has to be full disclosure of all defects known on the property. Is this being told to potential bidders? If they aren’t concerned about these items could it be because they faked the testing for hazardous substances? And if they believed the house had asbestos in it why wasn’t I warned for my safety? Why did they not test until 2-weeks before tearing it down? Not enough time to challenge those findings and now the evidence is destroyed. I’ve heard a lot weaker evidence argued in court and cases were won.


It took a toll on my health and mental condition in the 16-month battle that included being thrown in jail a few times and getting into major confrontations with the code nazis. And it was all about - I believe - getting the contract to demolish the house. I learned over time that the lady who was running things who happened to be married to one of the nazis who was assigned to my case, has a business that does hazmat clean-ups at exorbitant prices and, low and behold, that's who did the clean-up/tear-down. They faked an asbestos test and claimed the house was contaminated with it. I know it wasn't because we had it checked for asbestos years ago when the entire neighborhood learned that a lot of these houses had it in them. There are a lot of other things, too, but I would rather wait on telling all this when we can meet in person. I am hoping that you will take an interest in this situation and want to get involved. I will await your reply on this matter. And I have a web site with some pictures and other information that you can check out. Its actually 3 sites and the links are here:

 /site/neukamhousefirerescue/

/site/rebuildingafterthefire/

/site/nuklearnews/

No comments:

Post a Comment