Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

How small?

September 24, 2013

Tonight...


Spent the day getting Jerry's yard set up and cleaned for tonight's Fund Raiser for Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones. Added 4 big round tables with 10 chairs at each one that he rented from Rent Rite. Felt a little like working at Zigattos again. Funny thing there is Jerry knows Steve pretty well. And there's that Disneyland tune playing in my head: "It's a small world, after all..."

A tinge of irony comes into the picture in that I'm setting up this party and, except maybe for the incident last week over the dumping on my property, most of the contact I've had with the sheriff has been for rides downtown that generally end up with me walking home late at night when they OR me! And when Code Enforcement shows up with their requisite pair of deputies at my property...

A little gripe I still hang onto is that when the Code Enforcement Storm Troopers illegally broke and entered my house and destroyed my personal property along with scattering my mother's ashes on the floor I wasn't allowed to file a complaint against the responsible parties. After all, they cut the lock on my gate and came inside tossing boxes on the floor, ripping my tarps down and tore the boards I had put up off the window and door openings and installed their own! Add vandalism and malicious mischievousness to the breaking and entering and maybe mayhem along with a few others. Because of a warrant for a traffic ticket that I'd some how forgot when the house caught on fire my choice was to leave with the dogs or go to jail. That was the day that everything changed for the worst.

I'm still waiting on a response from the county concerning the Claim Form I submitted recently. I'll be amazed if it gets approved. It would be a nice surprise if it did because it would be a step in the right directon and give me a bit of badly needed hope. It just blows my mind that they actually tore the house down. It's so ludicrous that they did and unbelievable that they got away with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment