Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Still Remember...

I remember how it was each night as I'd get things done that needed to be and wait patiently for her to text or maybe call. Of course there were the little texts along the way. But it felt good just staying in touch until that time when she'd beckon to me. A different mode each time but the end result was the same. We would be together in private and all would be good for the time. And then she'd blurt out, "Get out of here!" So then I would leave. We'd still text and stay close and it was special. But it was good with us and we both looked forward to the time together.

And I remember the times if be in my van somewhere and she would show up out of the blue. Or I'd be at the store and there she'd be. I could always count on it time after time.

And she went from that to showing up then calling the cops. And even making up stories about deeds I had done. She would advise me of being somewhere or with someone. And I never was. She may even have believed what she said but that didn't make it so.

I only know that the pleasure we had was a wonderful and fulfilling thing. But the pain it produced in the end I'd worse than it really should be. But the things still to come won't fix any of it. In fact it will probably be worse. But I won't accept the scar that it's left do that's where it's headed. Never to be better. So sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment