Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Fresh Start...

August 19, 2013

The Week Begins...


I am trying to be positive about my meeting today with Sgt. Reali. At the same time I'm avoiding building it up into something it's not going to be. He tells me he may have an answer for my issues with code enforcement and that could be anything... not likely what I may hope for it to be which would be an admission by code enforcement that they were wrong and they are going to restore my house to the condition it was in when they tore it down. Not likely and surely not possible! But it will be something.

I changed my oil in the RV and see that I have a broken exhaust manifold stud that is allowing the do-nut to leak - it's a Chevy and that's what Chevys do. It's always a pain getting the broken stud out but I have to do it or it won't pass smog testing. So I'll fix it tomorrow so I can smog it and  get it registered on Wednesday. I found my vacuum gauge so I can tune the good old Quadrajet in and the spark plugs changed, check the distributor cap and hope the plug wires are good. I need to check all the vacuum lines and make sure there aren't any leaks or improper connections, I got the tail/brake lights functioning and found the brake master cylinder. It should pass smog without any problems but it's always a mystery till it happens.

It would be so nice if I could afford to take a short vacation in it and see how dependable it is. Xzy and I could just go off on a road trip and just wander around for a bit. Been a long time since I did one of those exploring trips. They were always great fun in my vans. Of course I'd need a sorce for tunes in this thing. Gotta have music on the drive.

I'm going to cut this off and get some rest so I can be fresh for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment