Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I looked in her eyes and...

January 28, 2014


I Saw Nothing Looking Back...


I just can't figure out what I was doing. I was sure that I'd found the one who I've looked for all of my life and was sure I'd never find. I felt that feeling when I held her close. I knew from our conversations that she was the one. Everything was there. Everything, I tell you. She was the one. She had to be. I'd do anything for her, to have her. Anything... But one day I looked in those eyes and I couldn't see anything looking back...

I was heart broken, stunned, dismayed, totally devastated. How could it be? I'd put forth my all. I was so open and honest it was scary. But she didn't want me. She didn't feel what I felt. Didn't even want to try. She was through. She just wanted to hurt my feelings. She would play me like a fool and laugh about it. Push buttons just because she could. Now she just plays her game and doesn't see what she does is painful. Doesn't care what or who gets destroyed in her wake. And it all means nothing to her. I was sure that she cared. How could I have been wrong? But I was. It all became clear the day I looked in her eyes and saw nothing looking back...

No comments:

Post a Comment