Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

How could you ask...

December 12, 2013


Is There A God?


Having lived on this planet a good number of years, and survived nearly all of them, I've been witness to some very peculiar incidents and strange phenomena, along with the very mundane and semi-normal days, weeks, months and years. As grand and exciting as the former were its the latter  I think I've come to prefer. I have survived so many things that should have ended my life or left me crippled, a vegetable, limbless, listless, loony or worse. A tumor in the summer between 3rd grade and 4th, a cracked skull a few years before (some say "Ah hah!, that's why he's nuts!!", motorcyle crashes too numerous to count, a high-speed auto wreck at 23 when I broke my neck and my hip, half a dozen more wrecks in just the following 18-months, a crazy biker at the river with a Ruger 225 cracking my head with the barrel and emptying the clip as I dove off a cliff missing the water and landing first on the sand before rolling in the water and seeing the bullets leave trails in the water but never striking the target (me!) - thank God!!! - and a wild ride in my Dodge van on the Interstate from Tracy to the Altamont Pass in thick fog at 110mph just to see if God was with me still (children should never attempt these stunts at home or away), another 110 run in the same van on I5 in Oregon with the Moody Blues' Question  wide open to drown the screams of a hitchhiker who wanted out which he did at 15mph when I pulled off for gas...

Those are just a sample of things most people can't believe and as exaggerated as they sound they are mostly understated, believe it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment