Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Even after 36 years...

December 11, 2013


Some Days Are Special...


It was 36  years ago on December 11 a special person entered my life. Our lives began to merge that day and were to become one but events took place that ended the relationship after a few years. Over time we became friends again and then lost touch for a dozen years or so. A Google search brought us back in touch as she was in Texas and I was still in California. we continued to email and text periodically and still do on rare occasions. She has since returned to California but haven't been in contact. I think about her now and again but I'm not consumed with thoughts of her like in the early days. Funny how you let go sometime along the way. A lot has happened in both of our lives and a lot more will happen before the end. But December 11 will always warm my heart and I'll remember the drive-in movies, the popcorn, sunflower seeds and sunflower sweater, Mr. Wiggle, socks, Doug "The Wheelie King" Domokos, Mazda RX7's, Mork & Mindy, 3's Company, Monterrey, hernias in the mud, a special ring and the Surf motel. Oh the memories still make me smile.

Well, Shelley, Happy Anniversary and remember to say a prayer for Carissa and have a Merry Christmas and the same for the New Year. Maybe time has come again and love is in the wind but it was you who first made them all come true. I love you still but in a much different way. I only hope the love in today's wind will be as passionate and long lasting as ours. It would make for a truly happy end of the story. I pray that it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment