Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

October 8, 2013

Zesty Yes...


I now have two, count 'em, two motor homes. I picked up the second one a couple of days ago. It's a 1978 Pace Arrow 26' long with the same chassis and power train as my Komfort. Though it was well maintained it is still 10 years older and has way, way more miles on it. It's been across the country numerous times - at least 3 trips to Florida and a couple to South Carolina that I'm aware of on top of up and down the west coast umpteen zillion times. It was the touring vehicle used by the Favaro Sisters, four sisters that were compared to the Osmond Family that I met back in 1985 when I was Stage Manager/Emcee at the Nevada County Fair in Grass Valley.

At first I was going to switch to it as my home on wheels but I think I'd rather use the parts off of it on the Komfort and then sell the Pace Arrow or trade it for a truck or small economical car. It has 6 near-new Michelin tires and both air conditioners on the roof work so I could use one on the Komfort. And the transmission - a Turbohydro 400 - was rebuilt not too many miles ago. The coach door is in perfect shape and is the same as the other RV's door. And I could sell the Onan generator for a good price. I wish I could take the outer skin and swap it as it's the durable aluminum and not the FRP I have on the other vehicle. And the rear cowl is a one-piece molded fiberglass unit but that may be going a bit too far. A lot of things can be swapped that need to be repaired. And the thing I like the most but can't be traded is the superior layout that features the bathroom shower at the very rear of the unit and much better use of the space inside to create a better more spacious feel. It sleeps six easily and the kitchen has more room. It does have a problem with the roof leaking but that could be repaired.

Well, something will happen and it should happen soon. I just have to decide which option to choose and get to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment